Nuvi 765T Part 1

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
carlover

Re: Nuvi 765T

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:08 pm

edgarchen wrote:
carlover wrote:
Yes, it is working and prompting when you pass by the respective roads. However, you will not able to see the POI icon appearing in the map unless you drive pass then you will see the POI icon.

Alright.
So do you notice the same before you update ur Europe firmware over to Taiwan? Or could it be this modification resulted in these error?
I'm also trying to find out for maxyeo's case on his postbox poi.

No, I can see all the individual Custom POI when I was on my Europe firmware but after changing to Taiwan firmware, I cannot see any of the Custom POI.
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

ahnah

Postby ahnah » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm

carlover wrote:
edgarchen wrote:
carlover wrote:
Yes, it is working and prompting when you pass by the respective roads. However, you will not able to see the POI icon appearing in the map unless you drive pass then you will see the POI icon.

Alright.
So do you notice the same before you update ur Europe firmware over to Taiwan? Or could it be this modification resulted in these error?

No, I can see all the individual Custom POI when I was on my Europe firmware but after changing to Taiwan firmware, I cannot see any of the Custom POI.

how abt checking the setting again, reload the POI file .. and restart to test it out.
Garmin Nuvi 765 TWN, software ver 2.50
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:11 pm

carlover wrote:

So maxyeo, did you also change the firmware from Europe over to Taiwan, same as bro carlover?

This could be some conflict of overlapping 2 different firmware program, resulting some incompatible in functions.. :(
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

maxyeo

Postby maxyeo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 pm

edgarchen wrote:
Alright.

oh bro edgarchen, ur here oso :thumbsup: and yes I did convert from europe to taiwan :D

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm

ahnah wrote:
edgarchen wrote:
carlover wrote:
Alright.

how abt checking the setting again, reload the POI file .. and restart to test it out.

Tested by deleting all the POI in the Garmin Drive then boot up without any POI and insert the SD card with the POI, still cannot see the individual POI.

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm

maxyeo wrote:
oh bro edgarchen, ur here oso :thumbsup: and yes I did convert from europe to taiwan :D

So here are some traces to your error.. Ur case is the same as bro carlover..
Right now I can only conclude that its software conflict, maybe due to overlapping.
Sorry guys.. I dun have the solution.. Can't help.

Back to think of it, its now up to your preferences,

You wan
1) Junction View or
2) The search for custom POIs?

Can only pick 1 out of the two.

Btw are you guys able to revert back to european firmware or not?
I suggest you guys stop messing the software further. At least now its working fine with navigation. [-o< O:)
Everyone contribute a bit, eventually we can enjoy and benefit more in our navigation. :thumbsup:

ahnah

Postby ahnah » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:27 pm

carlover,

do you have 2 simlar map overlapping ?

Have you try to go "Where to" > Extra > Custom POI" and see whether it is loaded there or not ..
Garmin Nuvi 765 TWN, software ver 2.50
Garmin Mapsource 6.13.7

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:29 pm

ahnah wrote:carlover,

do you have 2 simlar map overlapping ?

Have you try to go "Where to" > Extra > Custom POI" and see whether it is loaded there or not ..

Brother, think you did not get what I mean cos I am referring to the above option on the existence of Custom POI. It is loaded in the map but you cannot view the individual POI under the above menu.

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:30 pm

edgarchen wrote:
maxyeo wrote:

So here are some traces to your error.. Ur case is the same as bro carlover..
Right now I can only conclude that its software conflict, maybe due to overlapping.
Sorry guys.. I dun have the solution.. Can't help.

Back to think of it, its now up to your preferences,

You wan
1) Junction View or
2) The search for custom POIs?

Can only pick 1 out of the two.

Btw are you guys able to revert back to european firmware or not?
I suggest you guys stop messing the software further. At least now its working fine with navigation. [-o< O:)

Actually I am fine with not viewing the individual Custom POI as I don't use that option all the while though unless I have to check on that specific POI whether the icon is displaying correctly when I am doing the TrafficCam or SpeedTrap alert POI compiling.

edgarchen
Valued Contributor

Postby edgarchen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:44 pm

carlover wrote:
Actually I am fine with not viewing the individual Custom POI as I don't use that option all the while though unless I have to check on that specific POI whether the icon is displaying correctly when I am doing the TrafficCam or SpeedTrap alert POI compiling.

Well, bro carlover.

U'll have to view these waypoints in mapsource in the meantime. Not too much of hassle actually.. Except you have to note down the exact location/junction, or simply on those errors reported.
Last edited by edgarchen on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GPS Devices”