Garmin Nuvi 50LM

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
benhcw

Re: Garmin Nuvi 50LM

Postby benhcw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 pm

any of you having problems with slow recalculations? whenever i miss a turn or at the start of navigation take the opposite direction then the 1 indicated i have to wait for awhile sometimes even minutes before it will actually recalculate.

darkripper

Postby darkripper » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Guys... i am having problem with my new nuvi 50lm because i used to papago system already...

The problem is can i interchange the junction view? currently, it is showing the normal map at left side and junction view at right side.... can i interchange it? :cry:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:19 pm

darkripper wrote:Guys... i am having problem with my new nuvi 50lm because i used to papago system already...

The problem is can i interchange the junction view? currently, it is showing the normal map at left side and junction view at right side.... can i interchange it? :cry:

Cannot. Firmware controlled.

darkripper

Postby darkripper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 am

I started to feel that routing in this nuvi 50lm probably have some problems... don't know due to my location or what...

FYI, i am staying in University Malaya. But then it dont know about existence of the PJ gate and KL gate ( there is a road in the map, but don't know why it just wont use that route). It keeps on insisting me going to the Damansara gate, which is very very frustating.

as you know, after midnight, only KL gate is open, thats why it is casuing trouble to me...

Is there any possible way for me to change the routing or force the device to take that route? Or is there any other way to edit this thingy?

( P.S: when going out from UM, it will use the route, but when coming back from other place, it will call me to go in through damansara gate, which is farer than going through KL gate..)

In the end, i sense that the routing is kind of like, weird..... because last time when i wanted to go to tropicana from Mid valley, it took me to a highway which is obviously a much farer route.....

Someone have this problem too?

leeoptics

Postby leeoptics » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Just bought the 50LM for my soon trip to KL. This is the first time I will be driving ALONE so very scared. There are 3 maps therein, so which one should I use, please advise.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm

leeoptics wrote:Just bought the 50LM for my soon trip to KL. This is the first time I will be driving ALONE so very scared. There are 3 maps therein, so which one should I use, please advise.

My educated guess will be that the three maps should be MFM NT, MSM NT and Garmin NT.
Garmin NT and MfM NT should have more Junction View and Lane Assist vs the MSM NT,

Suggest for you to use the MfM map as it is more updated.

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

tonyyan wrote:Recently I bought my nephew the 50LM ( Localised SG/My ) and added a few maps for him on the mini SD card but when inserted into the 50LM only 1 map showed .

I too have tried by subsituiting it with my Sdcard from my 1350 but no map showed...?

I brought it back to the shop and the retailer told me that for this series the unit is "locked"....??

Can someone plse. explain or confirm this.

Thks. & rgds

I just bought a 40LM which is similar to the 50LM except for the screen size, and got aghast that other maps cannot be added (as I am able to do do in my 2575). Its awful!
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

jimmy

Postby jimmy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 pm

My nuvi 50LM always 'hang' during driving on the highway and my another friend also face the same problem. Any sifu can help? :prayer:
Thanks in advance.

voonwah

Nuvi 50LM Junction view

Postby voonwah » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to Garmin and i have a 50LM which i just update from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/

After update i found that the junction view is no longer working and i found that there is a JCV folder under .system but not \Garmin or \Map

There are 3 map set under setting which is mfm 2012.20, mfm-garmin 120827 and CN SGMY NT 2012.40 Malsing

Can i know which one should i use to enable for the junction view and lane assist? this is the main function i need and last question is i have no idea why the avoidances and route preference is disabled under navigation menu.

Really appreciate if someone could help on this....really appreciate your help

Thanks!

adrianyujs

Re: Nuvi 50LM Junction view

Postby adrianyujs » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 am

voonwah wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to Garmin and i have a 50LM which i just update from http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/

After update i found that the junction view is no longer working and i found that there is a JCV folder under .system but not \Garmin or \Map

There are 3 map set under setting which is mfm 2012.20, mfm-garmin 120827 and CN SGMY NT 2012.40 Malsing

Can i know which one should i use to enable for the junction view and lane assist? this is the main function i need and last question is i have no idea why the avoidances and route preference is disabled under navigation menu.

Really appreciate if someone could help on this....really appreciate your help

Thanks!

For avoidance, u need disable erp cost.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Return to “GPS Devices”