Garmin nuvi 1350 firmware update.

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
spec07

Garmin nuvi 1350 firmware update.

Postby spec07 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi guys, not sure if anyone is still using this model. I have a Nuvi 1350 purchase in Singapore awhile ago. Could I check if I am able to update my current firmware (2.70) to the current (6.30) which is available online? I went to Garmin site and was told that the updating of the firmware is to be done through "Garmin Express". Therefore downloaded and tried, however, it is able to only update other stuff except for the firmware version. I manage to find the file for the firmware 6.30 in .GCD format. Any idea how to or has anyone did this firmware update before?

Please advice. :)

znorhe

Re: Garmin nuvi 1350 firmware update.

Postby znorhe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 am

You need to rename the GCD file to to gupdate.gcd, put it in the \Garmin directory and reboot the unit. It should then start the update process. After update complete delete the gupdate.gcd in your device.
Garmin Mobile XT and Garmin nüvi 255W and Papago M11

somshkr

Postby somshkr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:59 pm

can you please help to share the latest firmware, I couldnt find anywhere and am having same problem as yours with Garmin Express. thanks in advance

philz

Postby philz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:30 pm

I will also like to have the latest FW for this Nuvi 1350. Seems like the garmin express is not supporting the firmware update for this model anymore.

znorhe

Postby znorhe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 am

Garmin Mobile XT and Garmin nüvi 255W and Papago M11

spqr

Postby spqr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm

znorhe wrote:You need to rename the GCD file to to gupdate.gcd, put it in the \Garmin directory and reboot the unit. It should then start the update process. After update complete delete the gupdate.gcd in your device.

Hi, first to say thanks for providing all the help to gamin users, i did tried this method but my 1350 just will not do any updating.
Currently running software version 3.10 or had i mixed up software version with firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “GPS Devices”