Activating Hidden 1-second Tracklog Function In Nuvi 2xx

Discussions and information on Personal Navigation Device (PND) and hand-held GPS devices.

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS device only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Activating hidden tracklog function in Nuvi 2xx

Postby JasonLee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:41 pm

That's great bro zuree, :tq:

What was your firmware version before you started the patching?
Lean not on your own understanding

azhar_fedju
Location: Meru Klang (Holux GPSmile 6210+, Oregon 300, GMXT, Yaesu FT8800-R & VX-8R)

Postby azhar_fedju » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi,

Rgdg the time issue posted by zuree, I'm also encountered the same prob i.e. showed 8:00. FYI, the time is self corrected to the actual local time when sat is available.

BTW, I'm unable to see my 'coloured' tracklog/triplog although the function is set to ON. Did I miss anything? :ko:

RGDS
'riding the perfect storm...'

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Maybe I did not notice the time reset because I immediately sought a satellite lock-on after the flashing so that I could get the Start Recording button active. Good to know that the time reset is no real issue after all.

You must have missed my earlier comments that you will not see a trace of your track on the map unlike the Nuvi 205. You can only see it in MapSource after you have converted the log to a gdb file with wnutrak.exe. In the unit, you can only see a replay of the recording when you touch the Start Replay button.

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:01 pm

JasonLee wrote:Hi bro Chee Loong,

Of this I am not sure. Logically, the patch should update your firmware to v5.00 if it is older but it could also mean that it will only work on units that are already updated to v5.00. Bro WeiQi00 who has done it can confirm whether he started with his firmware as v5.00. If you are not patient to wait for an answer, the best thing to do is update your firmware to v5.00 first then apply the patch. This I am sure will work as I have done it.

Hi Bro JasonLee,

I will wait bro WeiQi00 for confirmation... I don't want to take any risk. Thanks for comment, advice and a lot more... Thanks..
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Postby WeiQi00 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Of this I am not sure. Logically, the patch should update your firmware to v5.00 if it is older but it could also mean that it will only work on units that are already updated to v5.00. Bro WeiQi00 who has done it can confirm whether he started with his firmware as v5.00. If you are not patient to wait for an answer, the best thing to do is update your firmware to v5.00 first then apply the patch. This I am sure will work as I have done it.

Hi bro Chee Loong, bro Jasonlee,
Just want to clarify that my Nuvi is 200W, not nuvi 200 lah :mrgreen:
My Nuvi 200w with Firmware version 4.0.
So far, I am still satisfied on my nuvi 200w.

I am quite sure you will lose this feature if you allow Garmin to update your patched v5.00 to say v5.10 unless somebody makes a patch for v5.10 when you need to patch again. Hence I cautioned that after you have done the patch, you should not update your firmware any more and take the precaution of uninstalling Webupdate to prevent an unintentional automatic update.

Hi bro jasan,
Just now i tried to use webupdater to update my nuvi,
Webupdater prompt me "Your Garmin device already has the latest software version".
Anyway, I checked the option "Reinstall the same version".
Then, Webupdater started to upload the same version v4.0 into my nuvi.
Took just about 6 mins to complete.
After completed updated, check the HIdden tracklog feature,
Yes, It still Exist. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi bro WeiQi00,

Thank you for your input.

It will be interesting to find out if there should be a new firmware v4.10 available from Garmin for your 200W and should you update your unit with it, will the tracklog feature still be available? This is what I doubt will be the case.

In any case, to help bro chee loong, was your unit already updated to v4.00 or did the patch activate the hidden feature for you and at the same time update your firmware to v4.00 from whatever it was? I suspect you were already updated to v4.00 that is why I advised bro chee leong to update his Nuvi 200 FW to v5.00 then patch it because I am sure that will work as I have done it. Anyway, I just helped a friend patch his Nuvi 200 bought at the same time as mine but never had his firmware updated. I forgot to check what his FW version was (probably v4.xx) but the v5.00 patch worked for him. Thus my advice to bro chee loong is just go ahead and the patch will at the same time update your firmware to v5.00

WeiQi00
Polygon Mapper

Postby WeiQi00 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:51 pm

JasonLee wrote:Hi bro WeiQi00,

Thank you for your input.

It will be interesting to find out if there should be a new firmware v4.10 available from Garmin for your 200W and should you update your unit with it, will the tracklog feature still be available? This is what I doubt will be the case.

Ok, if new firmware is released, I will try so. :D
:thumbsup:Our maps are FREE but we need funds to keep this site going. Please support our HOSTING FUND =D> =D> =D>
Thanks for your support. :tq:

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:25 am

JasonLee wrote:That's great bro zuree, :tq:

What was your firmware version before you started the patching?

thank jason,

my FW version before this 4.00..latest FW....the time automatically corrected to local time after connected to satt....1 problem is how to transfer triplog to mapsource. i try to playback triplog recorded yesterday but seems cannot be download to mapsource even when i click 'Receive from Device"... :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nazri14
Valued Contributor

Postby nazri14 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am

JasonLee wrote:
nazri14 wrote::cry: :cry: ..my nuvi200 fw update to v5.00,but it used the downgrader v3.40..it still shows v5.00...any idea what went wrong..??? :cry: :cry:

I am just guessing what you meant.

If your firmware was already v5.00 and you tried to downgrade it to v3.40, it will definitely not work. I tried it before and even though the update was said to be 'completed successfully', my firmware remained as v5.00. This is well documented because Garmin has intentionally not allowed any firmware higher than v3.40 be downgraded to v3.40 to deny you the use of this hidden feature. That is why efforts were made to patch the v5.00 firmware to make this hidden tracklog feature available again without having to downgrade the firmware to v3.40. Did I get you right?

yea that's right..sorry for the confusing...nw what sholud I do..??
Asus P320 (Garmin Mobile XT)
Nuvi 200 (patched)
Iphone 4 (Papago 8.2)

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:38 am

All,

I updated with latest firmware/software V5.00... :peace:

Below are my step:
1) Use webupdate update to latest firmware/software V5.00. Check with the track log, it is not there.
2) Use method 3, go into diagnostic mode and connect to PC using USB cable.
3) Run update.exe file, it install firmware/software V5.00 (patch).
4) Once done, remove and reboot my nuvi. (Track log feature is there... \:D/ )

I did observe that actually update.exe install firmware/software V5.00 to nuvi. I think if I am not update to latest firmware/software V5.00 from web, after run update.exe, my nuvi unit will have firmware/software V5.00 also.
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

Return to “GPS Devices”